Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Plastic free bathroom

It's easier than you think to reduce plastic in your bathroom. Here's a look at some of the things I use:
Go Bamboo toothbrushes are now widely available in
stores. Toothpicks can work well in lieu of dental floss,
and I make toothpaste by mixing up baking soda and
water with a few drops of peppermint oil.
Metal razors are not difficult to source. Ask at
your local barber or buy online at shavershop.
I buy my blades at my local dairy.
I have trialled lots of plastic free shampoo.
Lush produce by far the best hair washing
soap. They are expensive (about $15 a
bar) but they last a long time and they wash
my hair better than liquid shampoos.
Deodorant is another product that can be hit and miss.
The best I've found is an allum stone. It works well at
preventing body odour, but of course won't stop you
sweating as it's not an anti-perspirant. No natural product
will accomplish that.
My local health food store makes a lot of their own
natural products (but do package them in plastic). I
asked them to make me up some moisteriser and
simply provided them with a jar.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Safety razors work just as well (better in my opinion) than those disposable plastic ones.

    ReplyDelete